Have you ever thought that the funds in your super account would be in much safer hands if you were in control of them! Given the havoc recent economic turbulence has played with returns, many switched on investors are not leaving their hard earned cash (and retirement plan) to chance.
If you have ever thought of taking control of your retirement funds or would like to find out what type of property investing is possible, then this meeting will answer your questions. You will find out how you can leverage your cash and make it a bit more active with you in control of your future. If you are interested in Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSFs) and property, you will also want to hang around for the second speaker, who will be running through all the do and don’ts of writing up offers. It is critical to make sure you get the purchasing entity right the first time so you don’t get hit with unnecessary stamp duties. Plus you will learn a whole heap more about the settlement process and the tricks of the trade.
The first speaker is Bradley Martin from Blueprint Planning. Brad is a Financial Planner who has been working with Blueprint Planning since 2005. Brad holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from Curtin University majoring in Finance and Banking and has completed his Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning and is a member of the Financial Planning Association. Brad will be covering:
- What an SMSF is and how do you set one up
- What SMSFs can invest in
- How to manage an SMSF including ongoing compliance requirements
- How to buy a property through an SMSF
- Thoughts on the best type of property to buy
- What you are allowed to do to the property i.e. maintenance vs. renovation
- Who you can borrow from and how much can you borrow
The second speaker for the night is Valerie Haskins who is also a long time attendee of the PropertyMeetings. Valerie is a highly experienced Settlement agent having run her own company Haskins Settlements and Conveyancing Services for a number of years. Valerie’s experience covers commercial, off the plan and standard residential transactions. Valerie will be covering:
- Landgate’s new verification of identity policy – what it means to you
- Timeframes for finance / settlement
- Buying entities
- Applying for a lost Title
- Is your “house” in order (Power of Attorney / Wills / where is your Title)
- Common hold ups with settlement
- Special conditions of offer such as: how to get early access; how to ensure that you can walk away if your building / pest inspection does not stack up; due diligence clauses
- Conditions to be wary of as a seller
- And more…
Valerie is also happy to take any settlement related questions on the night, so think up a few beforehand.
Come join us Wednesday 20th March 2013 at the South Perth Library, Cnr South Tce and Sandgate St, South Perth, 6:00pm registration for 6:30pm start, finishes around 9:00. There is a $20 per head entry charge or $30 per couple (payable at the door) includes a property investing magazine! Please feel free to bring along friends and family.