A lot of people don’t like thinking too much about the future when it is still a while away until it isn’t and then they do and sometimes that can be a little late to achieve what they really want. I know as property investors that we are looking at improving our financial lot in the world, however, how well have we really planned, how are we placed for the latter years of our life?
This meeting will be all about your future and what you can do about it NOW. The speaker for the night will be Damien Quirk from blueprint Wealth. Damien is a financial planner, and prior to joining Blueprint Wealth helped ultra-high net worth clients navigate complex decisions in growing their wealth and importantly keeping it within the family. Damien has held management and senior wealth roles in private, business and agribusiness banking divisions of two of Australia’s largest banks. He is a planner member of the Financial Planning Association.
Damien will be talking about the growing phenomena of Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF) which are very quickly taking over the Australian superannuation landscape as well as general investing information on how to manage your portfolio to reap the best rewards. More specifically Damien will be covering:
SMSF’s and Property
- what you can / can’t do (e.g. renovation / development)
- how to structure your SMSF
- borrowing through your SMSF
- typical issues people face and how to avoid them
- commercial v residential property in a SMSF
General Information on SMSF’s
- responsibilities of the trustee (you!)
- costs of running a SMSF
- considerations for retirement in terms of the make-up of the portfolio in the SMSF
- other types of investing suitable for an SMSF
- insurance via an SMSF
- how to diversify your portfolio / what asset classes to consider
- how to manage your asset allocation
- management of capital growth v cash flow allocation
- general points on planning and setting yourself up for retirement
So come prepared with you Crystal Ball and also a few business cards as networking is one of the most important parts of coming to the meetings.
Come join us Wednesday 23rd July 2014 at the South Perth Library, Cnr South Tce and Sandgate St, South Perth, 6:00pm registration for 6:30pm start, finishes around 9:00. There is a $20 per head entry charge or $30 per couple (payable online or at the door) includes a property investing magazine! Please feel free to bring along friends and family.