In this meetup we will be talking about ‘what areas to concentrate on to maximise profits’ when it comes to subdivision and development sites PLUS when owning and investment property ‘essential tips you must know before you submit your tax return’.
This is our last meeting for 2015 so make sure you do not miss this!
The Secrets to Finding Profitable Development Sites
With a significant amount of subdivision and development activity all around Melbourne the main questions that come into my head constantly are ‘is the deal profitable?’ and ‘how much profit is in the deal?’
The reality is that many investors get swept up in the hype – thinking that a subdivision or property development will make a profit regardless of the size of the land or the locality.
Not all development sites are equal! There are a lot of variables that any investor needs to understand and work through to determine the ‘true’ costs. Land locality and land configuration are very important factors in picking the right site.
So what determines the right site?
In fact, what determines the right site for maximum profit?
I am very excited to invite back Andrew Lennox from Architectural to talk to the group about:
- Which areas to concentrate on to maximise profits.
- What to look at in a site in terms of town planning and maximizing your return.
- How to turn a good site into a great site.
… and much more!
Andrew is the director of Architectural which is a “One Stop Shop” for all council permits, town planning applications and full unit development feasibilities. Andrew is aslo the creator and driving force of QWERTY – the patented web portal of all professional works and construction. Andrew has a passion in helping people build smart designs cheaper with thier patented online systems that provide more transparent and simply better for the owner.
Essential Tips You Must Know BEFORE You Submit Your Tax Return!
As an investment property owner you will inevitably incur expenses on your investment property. The job of an accountant is to help you understand:
- Which expenses are deductible when purchasing a property?
- What is the difference between a capital improvement and property repairs for tax purposes?
- What deductible expenses are commonly missed when completing a tax return for a property investment?
Brent will discuss the deductibility of expenses as well as other tax minimisation strategies when holding a property investment. Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Deductible expenses in purchasing a property
- Property improvement v property repairs
- Depreciation reports
- Rental property deductions
- Strategies to minimise Capital Gains Tax on sale of a property investment
Make sure you bring a pen and paper as you’ll want to take plenty of notes!
There is plenty of parking and remember, you are always welcome to bring along friends or relatives who are interested in property investing – it is all about networking with like-minded people!