By popular demand we welcome back two increadible speakers:-
Property law expert, Lewis O’Brien, will explain Victorian property contracts including what to look out for and how to avoid common pitfalls. Lewis will provide everybody with a sample contract of sale to work through, giving everybody the opportunity to discover issues, ask questions and identify the many traps and errors in the contract. Issues covered will include stamp duty, covenants, easements, licences, special conditions, GST and much more.
Commercial and Domestic Builder, Scott Buckner, will discuss the risks involved in engaging builders and designers and offer a builders insight into construction contracts – plus much more!
Make sure you come along and not miss out!
BUYER BEWARE: Victorian property contracts explained PLUS tips on avoiding common pitfalls!
Lewis O’Brien has the best combination of business qualifications offered in the state of Victoria being a Commerce degree and Law Degree (with Honours) from the University of Melbourne and an MBA from Melbourne Business School.
Lewis employed these academic qualifications to establish his own thriving legal practice 18 years ago. The legal practice of Lewis O’Brien & Associates focusses on catering for the needs of property investors ranging from beginners to the sophisticated offering services including basic conveyancing services to joint ventures, options, vendor terms contracts, property developments, second mortgages and many other creative investment strategies.
Lewis is recognised as a leading authority on creative property investment techniques and has acted for and is recommended by many of Victoria’s most successful property investors. His unique blend of skills and experience can add value to every property investor.
At our property meeting this month, Lewis O’Brien has prepared a sample contract of sale of a hypothetical Victorian property and will provide a copy to each participant.
The exercise is to work through the contract, with participants getting an opportunity to discover issues, ask questions and identify the many traps and errors in the contract. Issues covered will include stamp duty, covenants, easements, licences, special conditions, GST and much more.
This fun and entertaining session will help you become more familiar with modern Victorian property contracts, enabling you to become a more confident property buyer with a greater awareness of common pitfalls.
Make sure you come along!
How to Mitigate Risk in Developments!
- Commonwealth Games Village Housing package with Village Park Builders;
- The fit-out of over 20 venues in the lead up to the Games;
- Many hundreds of apartments around Melbourne;
- Building hundreds of homes around inner-city Melbourne as a property developer;
- Building in collaboration with Mega Homes hundreds of medium density sites around Melbourne.
Scott truly enjoys troubleshooting; searching for more efficient ways of completing projects by working with the project’s engineers and architects to deliver these outcomes.
Scott will be discussing:
- The risks involved in engaging builders and designers;
- Construction contracts from a builders point of view;
- The importance of cash flow forecasting in a development project;
- Credit hurdles faced by developers, and the importance of choosing a project that suits your experience and available funding;
- The consultants that you may need to budget for in a property development projects, and what they do.
Make sure you come along!
This is going to be an awesome evening so mark it in your diary and get ready to learn!
There will also be plenty of networking opportunities with dozens of active property investors to meet.
Lock in your seat asap as we have limited seats available!