The Federal Budget released on the 9th of May 2017 has changed the game for property investors.
The Government has changed the game by reducing depreciation deductions for residential properties.
Our Speaker will reveal how to navigate your way through these massive changes. In his talk you will learn the 8 key takeaways from these budget changes and how they affect you as a property investor.
Some of the topics he’ll be discussing include:
- If I have already bought a property can I still claim property depreciation?
- How will the changes affect my cashflow as a property investor?
- What type of properties will still enable me to claim depreciation on the building? Can I claim on Industrial, Commercial, Holiday rentals etc?
- What entities are affected by these changes and what entities aren’t?
- What happens if I renovate a property, am I able to claim depreciation on those renovations? What happens if I buy a property that has already been renovated?
- Perhaps the most interesting point to be discussed – how will the unclaimed depreciation now be treated when I sell the property and have to pay Capital Gains Tax?
- In light of the new laws – what types of property should I as a property investor be targeting?
- How is new property affected by these changes?
This is one talk every property investor should listen to so that you have a better understanding of the financial equation before making an investment decision.
Our Speaker Nathan Frost – Business Development Officer BMT
Since joining the BMT team, Nathan has played a key role in educating investors and property related organisations about the importance of property tax deprecation. Nathan has become actively involved in new business development and is well versed in explaining the difference depreciation makes to the post tax cost of owning an investment property.
Nathan has been interested in property from an early age after guidance from his parents. “They realised that solely focusing on paying off their mortgage, hadn’t resulted in getting financially ahead in life” says Nathan, “they knew that I had to do something different which has contributed to developing my interest in property”.
Nathan’s presentation will demonstrate the benefits of having a tax depreciation schedule completed on an investment property and how an investor can potentially save thousands of dollars at tax time.
Nathan has a natural and honest approach, and enjoys interacting with people who also have an interest in property. Being able to meet both potential and current investors to discuss the benefits of depreciation is one of Nathan’s favourite parts of his role.
Remember, you are always welcome to bring along friends or relatives who are interested in property investing – it is all about networking with like-minded people!