This month I have invited Kathy Mazzachi to talk about the latest updates affecting Self-Managed Superannuation Funds, including borrowing under a SMSF to purchase property as well as the structures that can be used for buying property within a SMSF.
Education and diversification can be important aspects of successfully utilising a Self-Managed Super Fund, so Kathy will also be discussing the requirements for a SMSF to have an investment strategy.
Kathy’s speciality areas are predominately focused on business services and taxation, together with superannuation and retirement planning.
In 2017, Kathy won The Adviser’s SMSF ‘Adviser of the Year’ award.
With more than 20 years of experience, Kathy’s specialised knowledge in superannuation and retirement planning has enabled a large number of clients to progress within their business and attain tax effective retirement strategies.
When Kathy isn’t working, she enjoys spending her time with family, travelling and volunteering for Matrics Netball Club.
Some of Kathy’s key assignments have included:
- Advising in relation to implementation of succession plan and restructure of family business
- Valuation of business and family group of entities for family law purposes
- Lecturing on a range of topics including GST, Superannuation, Capital Gains Tax and taxation implications of family law settlements
- Advising in relation to complex SMSF matters including segregation, borrowing arrangements, legislation compliance and restructuring
- Advising in relation to the tax aspects of estate planning, primary production activities and various proposed business transactions
- Undertaking tax compliance reviews for clients in the areas of Income Tax, GST, Superannuation, FBT and CGT
Kathy is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), a Fellow of the Taxation Institute, and is a Registered Tax Agent.
She is also a CA SMSF Specialist member of CA ANZ. This is a specialist qualification possessed by less than 20 people in South Australia.
Don’t miss this one. Remember, you are always welcome to bring along friends or relatives who are interested in property investing – it is all about networking with like-minded people!
No Children Please