Combining resources and skills with other property investors to undertake a Joint Venture is an excellent way to get involved in investment opportunities that you would not be able to undertake on your own. While it is all very exciting to work with like-minded people and work on an investment together, it is critical that any agreement is documented correctly so that everyone is clear on what they are getting involved with.
This month we have a Solicitor, Maurice Oteri, who will speak on what you need to consider when forming a joint venture. He will cover
- Why form or enter into a JV to begin with? The motivating and commercial factors to consider.
- Where to start – deciding on each Party’s role and value add, are they a JV partner or service provider?
- Common factors to consider (profit/loss spilt, documenting roles, leaving the JV, dealing with disputes, death)
- How to utilise a heads of agreement to clarify terms and reduce costs.
- The role of a solicitor, when to involve them and what information to prepare to make it easier.
About Your Speaker
Our speaker this month is Maurice Oteri. Maurice’s qualifications include an MBA in International Business: China Program, Juris Doctor (JD) and with more than 30 years of experience operating small and medium sized business enterprises, he brings a great wealth of practical experience and knowledge when dealing with commercial and property transactions in particular. Maurice has a passion for delivering affordable legal solutions to the Australian market place by offering fixed fee arrangements (non litigious) wherever possible.
Come and Be Part of Our Popular Networking…
This is going to be an awesome evening so prioritise the date in your diary. Following on from the presentation we will have ample time to network with local property investors in a relaxed setting.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Adam and Ben